14 February 2013
You know you’ve got a great product. You invested in your logo and a website, so customers can identify you and know how to reach you. How much more to it can there be?
Our speaker this month, Deborah Holland believes that to be effective, branding isn’t just the icing on the cake, it is baked into the cake itself. In fact, your brand is what your customers believe about you. The question is how we use it to make a connection between what people believe and the profits we make.
Here are a few highlights:
- We need to create clear, compelling and motivating beliefs that we want our customers and employees to have about us.
- There’s a lot more to branding than logos, colours, typefaces and a website.
- Branding isn’t just about promotion, it’s about your whole ethos.
- Branding is the complete story of your business.
- Your vision and what you stand for need to be devolved to all your employees.
- Your brand has personality. You can’t fake it, it has to be true.
- You need to put yourself in your customer’s shoes to know what she’s feeling and how she experiences your brand.
Deborah is a Partner at branding agency SmithHolland Creative. They help companies express their expertise through design and branding, so that they can connect better with their customers.
If you’d like to talk to Deborah some more, you can contact her on 029 2115 4121 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.