11 May 2013
We all use IT in our businesses. We know it’s supposed to make life easier. So why does it sometimes feel as though we have twice as much to do as we should? Perhaps it has something to do with not using technology as efficiently as we could.
Victoria Bell and Benny Kania from Bell IT Solutions, speakers at May’s meeting, talked about IT tools which are readily available, and which can seriously help us streamline our business activities.
In particular, they highlighted the benefits of exploring cloud technology. This is web-based computing which allows several users to share resources and information. Most of us are already familiar with cloud IT through email systems such as hotmail or googlemail, which are accessible from any computer as long as there is an internet connection.
Far from being restricted to email, there are web-based programmes for accounting or customer relationship management for example. There is also the facility to store documents in a central location so that several people can have access to them.
The advantages of cloud technology are:
- Documents are held centrally rather than on individual computers. Duplication becomes a thing of the past.
- You can access your documents or programmes from any location on any device – computer, laptop, tablet or smart phone.
- You can integrate many different programmes with each other so that you only have to enter data once.
- There is no capital expenditure. You pay for as much or as little as you need through monthly subscription.
- You can upgrade for more capacity or functionality, or stop the service at anytime.
If you’re interested in finding out more about cloud technology and would like to speak to Victoria or Benny, visit their website at www.bellitsolutions.co.uk